Over the next few months we hope to feature each of our Irish partners. We are pleased feature our oldest partner to start us off - BORU Jewelry.
Boru’s heritage goes back to the early Eighties when they began by creating Heraldic Coat of Arms Rings and Pendants. Since then they have amassed a massive database of Family Names over the years covering Irish, Scottish, Welsh, French, English, Spanish, Germany surnames and much more.
Interestingly, it is believed that Boru was the first designer and manufacturer to put a traditional Claddagh pattern onto a wedding band (WED1 and WED2). Many variations have been produced since, but this original still is very popular.
Another original was the Soul Mate “Mo Anam Cara” promise ring. This was first produced in the later 90’s and is still one of Boru’s most popular designs. Sadly, many inferior copies have been made, but we still produce the original (and the best!).
Some of Boru’s favourite designs are the Faith Collection, Celtic Warrior Collection and the New York Claddagh Range.
The Faith Collection is a fairly new range for Boru and already is doing exceptionally well. It was conceived and designed by Creative Director of Boru, Paul O’Neill. Taking some cherished Irish symbols, these were incorporated into a contemporary styled band with the old Celtic Alphabet script – Ogham, which can be worn as a Wedding Band or as an expression of your style and heritage.
The Celtic Warrior Collection has evolved over the years and is synonymous with Boru Jewelry and their design ethos. Based on the Ardagh Chalice, which can be viewed in the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin, these designs are of high quality and finish.
The New York Claddagh by Boru was inspired by the Chrysler building in Manhattan. Boru have a vast collection of traditional and contemporary Claddagh rings but wanted to incorporate a taste of America into their latest design. The crown of the New York Claddagh was inspired by the top section of the Chrysler building. Incorporated into some various styles, this range is proving another success for the Boru brand.
Boru continue to work designing to produce high quality pieces of Jewelry. “It gives us nothing but pride and pleasure to see the reaction when a person receives their custom specially made piece of Jewelry”, says Lisa O’ Neill, CEO of Boru Jewelry.
Interesting facts from Boru.
1. They once produced a fully functioning crown for a King in Gold and adorned with Diamonds and semi-precious stones!
2. The main principles of the company are Husband and Wife, Paul (Creative ) & Lisa (CEO) O’Neill. It is a small family run company.
3. They are the original creators of a number of very popular Irish/Celtic designed Jewelry collections, including the Mo Anam Cara, Celtic Warrior Collection and Claddagh Wedding Bands.
4. They have a total of over 60 years combined experience in jewellery design and manufacturing.
5. The have won multiple awards for Jewelry design and service within the North American Trade Association.
6. They design and produce all their products in their premises in Dublin, Ireland. Customers are always welcome to drop in and see the whole process….some have and even sat at the workbench and helped set a stone in their own Claddagh Ring!
7. All Boru’s designs are originals, never copies of others. They pride themselves in innovation and strive to produce pieces that will be cherished and appreciated through generations…
Now is a great time to add a timeless piece of jewelry created by Boru to your collection. Get 10% off all Boru products from our website:
Make sure to use the coupon code BORU10 at checkout to take advantage of this great discount.